Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ten Cars (not ranked)

1. Chevrolet Corvette. (Never owned) When I was little, this was the car I wanted. I'll take the model from the year of my birth, 1964.

2. Ford Mustang. (Never owned.) Love the old Mustangs.

3. BMW 2002tii. (Never owned.) Car I wanted in high school.

4. Porsche 911. (Never owned.) Still in love with the look of a Porsche.

5. Volkswagen Bus. (Owned a 1972.) I loved my bus. So much character. I've thought often about getting another one.

6. Honda Element. (Own a 2005.) Some have called it the VW Bus for the 2000's. Don't know about that, but it's a hell of a vehicle. We've camped in it, hauled lumber, stacked 4 kayaks on top and it's never complained. I can see me replacing this one with another one....if the time comes!

7. Datsun/Nissan Z series. (Owned 1982 280ZX) Sigh. Only car in which I almost killed someone else. Twice. Of course, I would have been dead too.... Alcohol played no factor in either. Well, there was a third time someone was hood surfing at over 100mph. I probably wouldn't have died in that crash but Pat would have. For the record, I beat the RX-7 with Jon on the hood.

8. GMC Sierra/Chevy Silverado. (Own a 1996) First full-sized pick-up I ever owned. I'll never be without one. Redneck.

9. BMW 3series. (Own a 2005) A high school friend had one, in high school. I thought it was about the coolest car in the world. At the time, none of the typical makes of car high schoolers drove had the uniqueness of his BMW. (Well maybe a Volvo.) Wife bought a new one in 2005. Still a fine car. Sure, "poor man's BMW"--but still a BMW.

10. 1974 Oldsmobile 98 Regency. (family owned a 1974) Has to be the 1974. We were fascinated that when you turned the radio on the antennae rose out of the hood. The seats moved electrically. Inside the glove box was a button you pressed and the trunk opened!!! Do you not see how awesome this is?!? How about velour seats?

No comments:

Post a Comment